With 47 ports of call and around 500 sailings every day, BC Ferries is the largest independently-owned ferry company in the world. Dedicated to safety, excellence, innovation, and people, we are committed to continuously improving the west coast travel experience of our customers.
Currently we are recruiting for an exciting role as part of our marketing team.
SOCIAL MEDIA SPECIALIST
Richmond or Victoria
Our marketing team is looking for a dynamic, experienced social media specialist to lead the overall execution of our company’s social media presence. As a creative content guru, your savvy writing skills, strategic planning know-how and project management skills will round out our team. Together with the corporate marketing manager, you will be responsible for driving our social media voice and vision; committed to moving the business forward.
To this role you will contribute with content creation, content management, monitoring channel activity, evaluating analytics and coordinating the implementation of defined strategies as the lead of our multi-faceted social media content.
- Work with the Corporate Marketing Manager to implement and evolve the social media strategy across all platforms
- Create, edit, publish, and share daily content (original text, images, video) that is informative, engaging and builds meaningful connections between BC Ferries, our followers and the communities we serve
- Create editorial content calendars and schedules based on short and long term strategies as determined by each department
- Work to continuously improve initiatives by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights, and best practices and then acting on the information
- Regularly report on insights gained from social media monitoring to the marketing team, project teams and internal clients
- Moderate user-generated content in line with the policies for each channel
- Optimize official pages within each platform to increase the visibility
- Provide recommendations for new opportunities and channel growth
- Stay up to date with social media best practices and new technologies
- Create a network of contacts with industry partners and relevant influencers
Requirements and Qualifications:
- BA degree in marketing/ communications or relevant field
- Min 3 years of experience as a social media specialist or similar role; preferably with a large, complex, operational organization
- Excellent knowledge and experience of social sites including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedln, YouTube and Pinterest
- Experience with content management systems, web publishing and search engine optimization (Hootsuite, Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and other analytical tools)
- Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite
Please apply by October 19, 2018.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.